About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

9.11.2012

Mommywear 101


Disney-themed tee-shirts, the dreaded Mom jean, matching sweatsuit ala Juicy Couture in the early '00s. All of the above have this cringe-worthy connotation...I'm a mom. I'm a mom and I've given up on life. Don't do it! You are awesome. You birthed legitimate human life and are raising them (while often-time working and tending to the house, too).
 
I wanted to do this post to show that you can still look Suburb Chic, no matter how little time you have OR how many kids you have. I promise! Here's an almost-week in the life of what I like to call my "mommywear".
 
___________________________________________________________
 
Evening Parent Orientation for Our Son's Preschool
Top: Kohl's, Shorts: Express, Sandals: Jessica Simpson, Earrings: Nine West, Bangles: Sak's Fifth Avenue (set of 3), Clutch: TJ Maxx
 
  
 
Morning Open House for Said Preschool
Top: Guess Outlet, Shorts: Guess, Flip Flops: Old Navy, Earrings: The Porcupine (a cute little boutique on Hilton Head Island)


 
Morning Workout at the Good Ol' YMCA
Top: Francesca's Collection, Athletic Bra: Aerie, Shorts: TJ Maxx, Shoes: Shoe Carnival (Asics)
 
 
 
Post-Workout Errand Running (after children napped)
Top: Same as above, Athletic Bra: Gap Body, Leggings: PINK by Victoria Secret, Sandals: Chinese Laundry, Fedora: Target, Necklace: Wolf Creek Gallery (a cute retail shop in Lewisburg, WV), Bracelet: Gift
 


Girls' Night Out for the Sternwheel Festival
I know this is an awful photo; however, I didn't get ready until after fireworks (around 10:30). I literally threw this on and ran out the door. Btw, aren't my friends gorgeous?!
 Sweater: French Connection, Shorts: Guess Outlet, Ginormous Clutch: Express, Bracelet: Betsey Johnson

 
 
Errand Running with the Taters (grocery, park, gymnastics class)
Top: Gap, Shorts: J. Crew, Sandals: LC Lauren Conrad at Kohl's, Earrings: Marc by Marc Jacobs, Ring: BCBGeneration

 

I included a beauty look, because I tried new products that ended up being awesome! Maybelline's Fit Me foundation, even though I had to play with a few shades, had great lasting power...and then there's Too Faced Candlelight. It is like magic for your skin, I swear! I felt dewy all day, like a little fairy sprinkled her dust onto my face.


 
__________________________________________________________
  • What are your current fave makeup products?
  • Would you like more mommywear ideas on the blog? 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. This s my fav post thus far.and Im a mommy so more please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it´s so inspiring and this is the the perfect way show it off. @paquetevistasbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sena! :) And thank you, Clara! Do you have a blog too, girl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are a very chic mommy!!! Keep up the good work with your blog!
    would you maybe like to follow each other?
    xoxo
    eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I live in Vienna too...but in Europe...that's funny :)

      Delete