About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

9.24.2012



This is another "test segment" on Suburb Chic. Please let me know in the comment section if you like it or not! I want to feature "just one thing": something I find interesting, amazing, helpful, whatevs. Here is today's first ever "Just One Thing"...apple cider vinegar!


 
 
For your face...I know this sounds crazy, but I'm serious. This stuff has really helped my face (not the overall cuteness lol, but with tone and blemishes). I found this tip from another blogger's website. If I can find it again, I will definitely link back! Basically, use 3/4 water and 1/4 apple cider vinegar. Mix that together and use on your face as a cleanser/toner. It's skin-tastic! Within about five days, a lot of my underneath-the-skin whiteheads have cleared up and it doesn't dry out my skin. You can use any brand, although I'd recommend organic since you're washing your face with it.
 
As a detoxifier...I have not done this myself but have seen others do it and heard the benefits of using apple cider vinegar as a body detoxifier. Mix 2 teaspoons of the vinegar with 2 teaspoons honey and 1 cup water. Then hold your nose and knock that sucker back! It's supposed to clean you out and balance your system. If anyone has done this, let me know! I am actually curious as to if this works...might try it myself.
 
In the kitchen...Because apple cider vinegar is a natural antiseptic and disinfectant, you can also use this as a household cleaner. Its uses around the house are similar to white vinegar, although the smell is slightly more pungent haha. Use it on your mirrors mixed with water, in your toilet bowl, pretty much on anything except for wood.
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is pretty awesome! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this! Thanks for sharing the tip!

    ReplyDelete