About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

10.23.2012

  
Leftover meat is the most random thing on the planet...I usually see it sitting there in the fridge and wonder, "What the heck am I gonna do with that?" This question is usually followed by me throwing it in the trash and moving on with my life. However, I came up with a brilliant idea last night: One Meat, Two Meals. Horrible name but an above-average creation. This will be a new segment on the blog, so I hope you enjoy. If not, you must have no appetite or no soul. Pick one. PS- These pictures aren't amazing but were posted onto my Instagram, which makes them amazing. Naturally. Follow me @brittanylanders for more adventures in double-duty meat mixing!
 
 
Meal #1: Sweet & Sour Pork w/ Stir-Fry Veggies

 
Ingredients
Boneless, Thick-Cut Pork Chops
Homemade Stir-Fry Sauce (shown below)
Frozen or Steamable Stir-Fry Veggies
 
How to Make the Sauce
 Mix ¼ cup stock, 2 Tbs soy sauce, 2 Tbs rice or apple cider vinegar, 1 Tbs brown sugar, and 1 tsp red pepper flakes. Then, mix 2 Tbs of water and 1 Tbs of cornstarch together in a separate bowl...dissolve and add to sauce.

 
 
Meal #2: Sweet & Sour Pork w/ Pineapple-Infused Rice & Toasted Sesame Seeds
 
 
Ingredients
Boneless, Thick-Cut Pork Chops
Homemade Stir-Fry Sauce (already on the pork from the original meal)
Frozen or Steamable Rice
Canned or Fresh Pineapple Chunks
Sesame Seeds (toasted)


What other meals would you like remixed? Post below your comments & suggestions! xo


7 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I am horrible with leftovers of any sort, usually I just pitch them!
    xo, amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. buying cheap runescape gold,buy rs gold,buy rs gold Click http://www.runescapegogo.com,7/24 customer serviceWe supply 7/24 and 365 days live help, you can find helpness from our best service

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks de-lish! Too bad I can't cook to save a life. T__T I don't even have left-overs since they go straight to the bin. Lols. Btw, I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Blog Award. Please check out my site for the details. :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea! I always have issues with leftovers as well.. they usually go to waste!
    Jamie
    www.candystilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally do the same thing with leftover meat, into the trash it goes because I can never think of what to do with it and then it goes bad. I actually have a chicken breast in there now haha. I really like this idea can't wait to see what other creations you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same thing with meat! My husband loves to grill and he grills enough to feed any army. We always have leftovers and I never know what to do with it. Both of these recipes look delicious :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great is that! You are going to laugh! I am about to start a post on multiple ways to wear one dress.

    ReplyDelete