About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

10.29.2012

My Favorite BB Cream

 
  
I thought this would be a fun segment to add..."MVP" or my "Most Valuable Product" within a category. Today's MVP is my favorite BB Cream of all the BB Creams, which is alot, because they are everywhere. This insanely popular product genre is like a tinted moisturizer on steroids. It covers oh-so subtly, evens skintone, contains spf, includes primer, etc. Basically, you need a BB cream in your life. So CC the one I've dubbed most valuable below.
 
 
Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream
available at most drugstores, approx. $7.50



 
Shocked it is a drugstore find? Me too. I've tried several BB creams (so many I thought about doing a post similar to the Moroccan Manes one here); however, the high ones haven't compared to this cheap treat. My shade, Medium, is a perfect match and it covers without masking...does that make sense? If you're looking for medium-to-full coverage, a BB Cream simply won't do that. Instead, check out the newest wave of CC Creams or this Stila liquid foundation with luminizing qualities.
 
What I really like about Maybelline's formula is that it is oil-free. It also gives you a nice, dewy look without the obviousness (like Garnier's version does...yuck). And the color, as I mentioned above, blends better with my skintone than Smashbox's BB cream. According to the Maybelling website, their Beauty Balm combines eight steps into one. And I think this product performs all eight successfully.

 
Have you tried Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream? Or if you haven't, what BB Cream do you use?
Let me know in the comments below!
 
 
PS- Here's a cute little pic of what's "tray trending" at my house right now...haha. Tray trending is something I literally just came up with to be cute; it's simply what I have on our living room tray. I added this last minute because I received Lauren Conrad's new book, "Beauty", from an Anonymous Blog Buddy. How awesome is that! I really appreciate it and can't wait to see what's inside. Below that is Madewell's latest lookbook, which is always fashion-inspiring. And in the left corner is my favorite line of Fall candles right now...it's called "Autumn Harvest" and is from Target. Cheap, lasts a long time, and smells amazing! Okay bye for real.
 
 


12 comments:

  1. So happy to know this works! I am almost out of my Benefit one and keep seeing the covergirl version advertised! Thanks for the heads up! Love the MVP section :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive been wondering what BB creams are! im very pale so maybe that will help bronze me up!

    -Lauren
    http://ourprettypieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried the Garnier brand BB cream? That is the only one I've tried, but I will give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! And love to read Lauren's book!

    X
    http://dipitblack.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah- I haven't seen the Benefit one, and I love that line! And thank you...I likw it, too! haha.

    Lauren- BB Creams are much like tinted moisturizers in that they provide just a touch of color; if you want more than that, you need to try a bronzer or spray tan!

    Anonymous- I tried it and wasn't keen on the fake-looking glow it gave me but try this one! You might like better.

    DIB- Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting a free sample of Maybelline's BB cream soon, I'm so excited to try it! I'm even more excited that you like it! I've heard very mixed reviews so I'm excited to be able to review it myself! I've never been disapointed in any Maybelline product so I don't think I will be! ♥ It'll be my first BB cream, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! I'm typically really strict when it comes to make up, but I may give Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream a try ;) Thanks for your sweet comments via twitter!

    xo, tasha
    Enter to win a statement necklace + bracelet set

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great post! I always love finding new beauty products and reading reviews really helps me. And the "tray trending" idea is seriously cute, keep it up!

    Xo

    www.akeenesenseofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dacy- Yay try it! I've heard it's "chalky" on some people, but I don't agree with that at all. Maybe that's for those who have dry skin? BB Creams, some brands, can dry the skin out more when they are supposed to hydrate so...

    Natasha- Try it and anytime girl!

    Elizabeth- Thanks <3 I always have new stuff on our various trays throughout the house so I might try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candice GroseOctober 30, 2012

    I made myself use up all the Garnier one...glad I have a good option now for a replacement! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for this. excellent review...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought this BB cream today in light. i hope it works as well as you say it does!

    ReplyDelete