About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

10.03.2012

OOTN { j.crew sweater, arm swag }

 
This was my Outfit Of The Night from Saturday. I especially love the shots with our daughter, Natalie, cheesin'. She's way more comfortable around the camera than I am! Haha. I love this look, because it's girl-friendly and yet guy-friendly too (I'm sure my husband would agree). It's not oozing sex appeal but it's also not so "out there in trend-land" ala The Man Repeller. The sweater and shorts are from J. Crew, and both are on sale I believe. Cha-ching! And I'm pretty proud of myself for all the jewelry action going on. Usually I stick to one statement piece...either a bold necklace or an armful of bracelets, not both. However, I was feeling bold that night and decided to go for it. Success or fail? You tell me.
 
I thought it came together nicely, although I kept having to push on my necklace to sit down like you would do with a stubborn, old dog. Ohh, and how about that handbag? People always compliment me on that and are shocked when I say I got it at Goodwill. I need a mix of high and low to really feel accomplished as a (self-proclaimed) stylist. It brings realness to an outfit while showing several layers of your personality. My layers just happen to include prep mixed with vintage charm mixed with swagga' (arm swag). Get ova it! On to the pics...oops PS- This "OOTN" will be vlogged on Suburb Chic's YouTube channel hopefully by tonight. It's under "brittanymlanders".
 

 

 

 

 



 



 



 
Heart Sweater // J.Crew (sold out, similar style here)
Chino Shorts // J.Crew
Neon Necklace // JCPenney
Chain Strap Clutch // Thrifted
Bracelets // Kate Spade (sold out, similar style here)
Forever21, Vintage, American Eagle, & Madewell
 


10 comments:

  1. I love the hot pink shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like JCPenny has the best jewelry! I also wish I could have your shoe collection! Great outfit and arm swag! Oh and that little girl just stole my heart!

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kesha, thanks me too! Sexuaaaal.

    Nico, me too. It's my secret go-to spot! And thank youuuuu for all the love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I really appreciate it! Would you maybe want to follow each other and stay in touch?

    -Nico

    ReplyDelete
  5. me encanta el collar!!

    pásate por mi blog que tengo nuevo outfit
    http://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sweater - so adorable!
    ♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute outfit, love the sweater and your daughter is such a cutie. thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :)
    xo
    Rachelle
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sweater, love the necklace!


    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi :)
    Ohh you that sweater is so lovely, and that closet is amazing.

    xxx
    Lily
    http://aridehome.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete