About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

10.02.2012

Product Review...Maybelline's "The Colossal Volum’ Express Cat Eyes Mascara"

 
 
Hi there! Or meow rahrrr, in kitty language. This review features a product that promises cat-eye-like eyelashes (although I wish it came with cat-like reflexes too...that would be awesome). Maybelline's "The Colossal Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara" has the longest freaking name, but let me break it down for you that don't speak marketing mumbo jumbo. The wand is curved, similarly to Maybelline's "The Falsies" mascara but is under the sub-brand of "The Colossal". Out of these two, I prefer The Falsies mascara, as it truly lives up to its name. The Colossal line is okay, but drying and sometimes irritating when I wear for a night out. How does this cat-eye version stack up? Look at these gross close-ups of my eyeball first, then read for my full review.
 
 
 
The initital smell of this Colossal and Falsies spin-off gave me instant nostalgia to the first time I smelled what I thought were dead bugs and some weird plastic polymers in both of the aforementioned mascaras. It's true, the smell is not pleasant; however, all three mascaras do pack respective punches. Maybelline's "Cat Eyes" mascara features the sexy, curved wand which I love of "The Falsies" but not the thickening power. This mascara, after using two coats as shown, did give me a fabulous, feminine curve to my lashes as well a great length and definition. I just prefer the look of lush(er) lashes.
 
For the price, $6.29 at Wal-Mart, this formula can certainly compete with high-end brands but isn't quite a cult hit like "The Falsies". It has, though, helped me realize I need to get rid of both tubs of "The Colossal" mascara because, well, it's lame. PS- Dear Maybelline, please hurry up and make this waterproof so I can wear it to Nicholas Sparks' movies, when watching those ASPCA ads, and whenever I see newborns (or just think about them).


3 comments:

  1. you are so funny, this review gave me a big chuckle! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gross close-up of your eye ball, your lashes look amazing. Great review.
    XO Wil Harris

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really nice on your lashes!

    Vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete