About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

11.02.2012

Casual Friday

Sometimes a girl's gotta get casual. Today happened to be my day, as I'm under the weather (literally...I think Sandy pressed upon us and gave the whole town a bug). To cheer myself up, I put a little lipstick on but that didn't do the trick. I even wore sunglasses to hide the face of death I'm sporting today, but no such luck.
 
What is your go-to Casual Friday outfit? I gravitate towards leggings, soft tees, and something super slouchy on top to comfort me on a lazy day. To make this more post-worthy, I added a few pops of personality. First, sleek almost faded gold jewelry that would shine without overshadowing the graphic flyaway sweater. Then, I pulled a one-two punch with matching lips and clutch. I'm loving that little Madewell handbag! It's double-sided (the other is black), making it simply irresistable and versatile.
 
Lastly, I attempted to wand curl my hair but failed. As I was curling, I was on the phone with a family member while simultaneously keeping Natalie out of my makeup. Oh, and my son kept yelling for a drink. Lol, my Mommy readers can certainly relate. From this experience I believe Casual Fridays were created. They are for the stressed and perplexed, the week warriors and weekend look-forward-ers...and for these times I am thankful. TGIF!
 
 
 




 
 


 
 
 
 
{ SHOP THE LOOK }
Sunglasses- Express
Lipstick- NARS in Joyous Red
(limited edition from last Christmas but Manhunt is similar)
Cozy Cardi- Gap
White Tee- J.Crew
Chain Necklace- Charlotte Russe (isn't online yet)
Leggings- PINK by Victoria's Secret
Flats- Steve Madden (so old)
Dome Ring- Express (same style but in hematite)
Clutch- Madewell (similar here)


11 comments:

  1. I totally agree my go to outfit is a pair of leggings and a slouchy sweater for comfort. Love your look! Have a great weekend!
    XO,
    Zhanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sweater and clutch!! yay for outfit pics! you look awesome and are way more fearless in front of the camera than i am!

    -Lauren
    http://ourprettypieces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is the sweater and necklace from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crap I forgot to add! Will update with those. Thx, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sweater, great casual look.
    xo
    Rachelle
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having a very casual night myself, but I pulled out a pair of thick sweat pants because it's snowing outside, extremely cold, and they make me feel relaxed and ready for bed. Even when I want to go super casual (and not wear sweatpants!) I have this off-the-shoulder thick t-shirt that I wear a lot. Probably too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that cardigan...looks so cozy and perfect!

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. so in love with this cozy cardigan!!! I die for things like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Cozy and fall background scene

    ReplyDelete