About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

11.08.2012

There Will Be Blood

Halloween has come and gone, but there is still blood. Oh yeah, there's lots of it. It's all over the runways, and I'm even wearing it on my nails. Wait, what?! Don't rush me to the doctor, it's OXBLOOD. That term doesn't clear up any grossness you just developed for me does it? Haha. Oxblood is the latest "it" color for Fall/Winter 2012. It's the Daria of rich reds...a little darker, a little deeper, a little moodier. Whatever your personality, skin tone, or comfort level, this color is for everybody. Finally, something this country can agree on!

 
A Bit of Blood

[1]
This easy option is "Skyfall" from OPI (part of the brand's latest 007 collection). It's the most gorgeous shade on both hands and toesies, adding a paradoxical balance of sophistication and edge that bright red simply cannot provide.
 
 
[2]
 Leather is trendy as it is but add oxblood to the mix? Bam, you're an instant style-setter like this lovely blogger. Love the simple yet strong statement (which is nicely paired with classic pieces we all have in our closets).
 
  
[3]
 The little ring from Alexander McQueen. This showcases the punk side of oxblood, with etched skulls for added effect. For about $125, this could be a neat way to bring the color into your otherwise classic wardrobe. Pair with skinny, layered rings on the other hand and moto boots below (on your feet, silly).
 
[4]
Yves Saint Laurent's Rouge Pur Couture Matte Lipstick is quite the wordy bird; however, all you need to know is that one layer of this lipstick will up your street cred 100%. A sexy, creamy add-on to your favorite winged liner.
 
 
 
Alotta Blood

[5]
This flirty ruffle dress from Asos proves that oxblood is the new "night out" color. Pair with nude, as shown below, for a subdued kind of sexy.
 
 
[6]
This look from the Tory Burch F/W 2012 runway shows how to pair oxblood with similar tones...red, pink, mauve, wine for an interesting (but not totally in-your-face) ensemble. Loving the ladylike accessories as well!
 
 
[7]
This Pinterest find is the perfect example of oxblood overload...hat, skirt, shoes all in the color. I would love to see the front of this look to further decide on if me likey or not so much.


[8]
 Not for the faint of fashion, these oxblood picks from Style.com have added textures, cutouts, and prints to spice up the succulent shade. Wear these in one of two ways: with a kick-butt attitude and major smokey eye or go on the other end of the spectrum with a slicked back pony and a bare-faced innocence.


6 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the color burgundy - it's so mysterious and sultry while being an amazing and versatile fall/winter color. Scratch that - I'd wear it year-round!

    Lovely blog, dear. I've followed you on Twitter because I can't find your GFC widget! There's a new post up on my blog right now and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it, so feel free to drop by! :) x

    Love, Fatima (fashionpilgrim)
    Twitter: @fashpilgrim
    Instagram: @fashionpilgrim

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress with the flutter sleeves, oh my, love it!
    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a burgundy lip color desperately! Can't wait to check this one out:)
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I think your blog is great and think you deserve more followers :) so I followed you! Hope you can follow back :)

    http://beaufashionbygemma.blogspot.co.uk/

    Beau Fashion
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oxblood love it. I love the Tibi look with the same collection. I love the oxblood but it's hard to wear in my area because we are still experiencing summer like weather. The rich color of oxblood reminds me of fall.

    ReplyDelete