About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

12.04.2012

A "Beauty"ful Christmas Box Exchange


As a newbie blogger, I've found support from friends and family I know...but I've also found encouragement from girls I've never met! Lots of bloggers form communities to find other gals in the business of blogging that share similar tastes, ideas, goals, etc. #BSBN happens to be one of those! The Bloggers Supporting Bloggers Network came across my path one day and has been with me ever since. Well, we decided to do a beauty box exchange for the holidays. How fun right? I sent Crystal from The Crystal Chronicles a fun little nugget wrapped in joy, and Ashley from Beauty Flawed sent me my gift. I should say gifts- plural- as I was surprised with her assortment of goodies gleaming at me upon opening. Now I feel like an ass only sending Crystal one thing...lol.
 
 
 
 
These treats were inside a bright pink bubble-wrapped package at my door a few nights ago. I was pleasantly surprised to find all but two new-to-me products. Thought this would be a perfect beauty product review, since I wouldn't normally purchase these items! Whoop whoop. Okay, here we go my holiday hotties. And oh, way after I took this picture I found a little info sheet she typed up (like you'd find in a Birchbox) explaining why she picked/liked these items. How sweet!


Clockwise (from top left)...
The Body Shop "Vitamin E Moisture Cream"- I loved the soft, feminine smell of this face cream (like a rose). The formula was moisturzing and left my skin glowing, not greasy. Might give this product a try in the full-size

Maybelline "Volum'Express Mascara in Blackest Black- I've actually tried this mascara before and it was okay on my lashes, but not fabulous (like the Cat Eyes version). I didn't feel like the formula left my lashes full enough. Performance was average.

The Body Shop "Coconut Body Butter Mini"- I'm a sucker for body butters, particular shea and coconut. This mini is perfect for my purse, because the cap screws on instead of just popping off (which oftens results in an unexpected and unwanted explosion).

Simple Skincare "Cleansing Facial Wipes"- I haven't tried any of the products from this line, because I thought it was a Wal-Mart generic brand. Foolish of me, because it's products are all natural at a reasonable price point! These wipes smell pleasant- not chemically like many makeup remover wipes- and they left my face feeling truly clean. I am going to put these in my purse for easy makeup removal after a night out!

Sonia Kashuk "Spoolie Brush"- Ashley noted that she used this as a lash separator after applying her mascara. What a smart girl! I am definitely going to try that while also using it to smooth over my brows. Sonia Kashuk brushes, from my experience, are great quality!

Nailtini "Millionaire Nail Lacquer"- This isn't typically a color I would choose, but it's cute for the holidays. My daughter and I did mani/pedis using this formula and we enjoyed the festive look. I haven't heard of this brand before but want to do some research and order a few shades for further "testing" lol.

Kate Spade "Twirl Fragrance"- I obviously love this perfume (see my latest giveaway post for further explanation, haha). Pumped to have the travel-size to take with my everywhere I go! :)

EOS "Evolution of Smooth Lip Balm in Sweet Mint"- I've been curious about these lip balls but never picked one up, mainly because I wondered "who the hell has lips that large that they need a silver dollar-sized applicator"?! However, again I was too quick to judge...because this subtle, sweet minty thing-a-majig is great! I almost want to suck it like a lollipop though, because of the odd shape. Excellent smell, taste, and ability to moisturize!


Have you tried any of these beauty products?
If so, which ones and what did you think?
 


7 comments:

  1. Yay! How exciting! Now Brittany you know Ms. Ashley is our BEAUTY PRODUCT QUEEN. She had to do something with all that stuff she receives every month. She probably couldn't decide on what to give you. I hope you can do a follow up post on the product. I am interested in the Sonia Kashuk Spoolie brush and the wipes. Can't wait to hear how you like the product. Thanks for participating Brittany. I can't wait to see what the other girls received. Thank you Ashley for always being such an amazing team player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little box of goodies! I've never tried that mascara so thanks for the heads up!
    And you are totally not that "A" word you mentioned! We were only supposed to send one thing if I remember right! HAHA! Can't wait to see!

    <3, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the eos lip balm it's so amazing!!!!!! I love that body butter too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks #BSBN girls for the encouraging/nice posts! Seriously have had a great time getting to know you all better within these short few months.

    Larissa, I know isn't it?! She picked some real winnerrrrs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittany so glad you liked it! I hope we can do something like this again sometime it was really fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the SImple Make Up removing wipes! They really are great to keep on you when you are out and about.... thanks for sharing your review! It is so great to have the support of all the ladies in #BSBN :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky girl! I've just come across your blog, absolutely in love! xo

    http://cakescupcakescosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete