About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

12.23.2012

A Landers' Family Christmas

 
'Tis the season to be...perpetually rushed, slightly on edge, and up to your eyeballs in wrapping paper and oddly-shaped presents?! Often, the holidays feel more like a chore than a blessing. I decided this year to make it less about the stress and more about the beautiful, in-the-moment...uhh, moments. This proved to be a difficult task, as I cooked our entire Christmas meal (for the first year ever). Thank God for Pinterest; I whipped up a secret board called "Christmas Menu" and went off of that.
 
My husband works out of town frequently so, as he wasn't able to be here for the actual 25th of December Christmas, we had ours early...throwing the reindeer food, stuffing the stockings, gift-giving cookie-eating early Christmas! The kids are usually confused, because we have "our Christmas" and then several other mini-Christmas celebrations leading up to- and on- the 25th. Crazy right? It's what I call the new normal.
 
I thought this would be the perfect thing to blog about; my readers can catch a glimpse of my real life with my real, perfectly imperfect family. Plus, our house actually looked halfway clean and I decorated...so, I kind of want to show it off. Haha! I hope you enjoy this look into The Landers Family Christmas.
 
Comment below with what your family does for the holidays every year or what tradition you have newly started. Can't wait to read!


 
 This is how the food went down...it was a full day of cooking but was worth it. I put out meats and cheeses along with olives, tomatoes, sweet peppers, and lots of chips to start along with a Spinach and Apple salad (with the tastiest vinaigrette). For the side dishes, I made: Maple Glazed Carrots, Mashed Potatoes with Fried Sage, Green Bean and Bacon "Bundles" (my hubby loved these), and a Classic Stuffing with Sausage. We had a roasted chicken as the meat and the obligatory homemade cookies for dessert. Nums to the nth degree!





Our babies in their holiday finest...awh, aren't they just the cutest? I fall in love with them all over again looking at that picture. And one silly pic of my husband and I on our Fifth Anniversary (which happened to be the night we did Christmas). Five years? We're really married at this point I think...lol. What do you guys think of those crazy Christmas socks? Wal-Mart baby. Wal-Mart.
 
 



4 comments:

  1. I love the colorful setting, you have a beautiful family.
    xo
    Rachelle
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little ones are just the cutest! All the food sounds delcious and I love the tableware. The colors are so fun and festive! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You kids are darling!!! Multiple Christmas events are always fun, your kids probably love it! hehe
    xoKatie

    www.suburbansparkle.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bacon green bean bundles and the labels are a cute idea!!

    www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete