About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

12.09.2012

Pantone's 2013 Color of the Year...


Every year, Pantone comes up with the "Color of the Year". Last year was the bold, cheery, and almost edible Tangerine Tango; it was everywhere! So, expect to see rich green emerald in every aspect of your life for atleast one solid year. The color is actually flattering on every skin tone and with every hair color, though can be tricky to figure out what to wear as accompaniment. Good thing you have me to help! :)
 
When I see a green this lush and vibrant, I think many things...wealth, luxury, opulence, sophistication. It also gives a feeling of hope and good fortune to come (which is totally what our country needs right now, but that's another post on another type of blog). Here are three ways of mixing in one emerald blouse into your wardrobe and your life. What does this color green mean to you?
 
 
Downtown Feel w/ Sex Appeal

To edge up the regale feel emerald exudes, I added a zippered mini with leather accents as well as tough-as-nails Sam Edelman heels. This look is definitely more daring than the rest, so rock with confidence and a fierce smoky eye! I would recommend wearing hair back off the face, either in a sleek high bun or low, tousled pony.


Gussied Up Glamour Girl
 
This Max Studio body-con dress is the perfect feminine frock for a night out...in fact, this look would be amazing on New Years Eve as you would stand out in a sea of sequined strapless dresses. I kept the accessories simple, as your body shape will be on display with this fit. Pair this with Veronica Lake waves, off to one side, and a flirty red lip! 
 
The Relaxed Sophisticate  
 
Here is emerald at ease...a silky Joie top paired with equally comfortable pajama pants. Keep your accessories a little dressier or this look will go from sophisticated to sloppy real fast! I kept it classic with emerald drop earrings, a fab quilted purse from Forever 21, and simple gold heels. This outfit is meant to be casual yet put-together, so keep makeup and hair soft and natural.

-  -  -  -  -  -  - 
 
Looking for a gift as special as the color emerald? Here's Pantone's Pinterest board created just for that...how handy! Hope you all have a wonderful day and, as always, I love and appreciate every comment! http://pinterest.com/pantonecolor/holiday-look-book/

 
 

23 comments:

  1. I'm liking the emerald much better than the tangerine from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect I love that color. it is so rich and looks great on all skin tone.
    xo
    Rachelle
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your outfits! and emerald green is one of my fave colors. it's so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this really next season's color, I actually really really LOVE it!! :D Btw, you have to check out my most recent outfit post as I'm sporting possibly the most provoking Prada fur stole I'd ever wear, seriously it's very provoking lol.

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2012/12/cheshire-cat.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. those spike heels are HOT!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with Emerald this season!! Oh I can't wait to see the heart sweater on your blog tomorrow! Great minds do think alike! ;-)
    XO,
    Zhanna
    www.lifeandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this color and must find an outfit with this color.. it's fun to play with too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Neat post. There's an issue along with your site in internet explorer, would test this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a big portion of other folks will pass over your fantastic writing due to this problem.
    Feel free to surf my web page : click through the next webpage

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving all three of these looks, especially the last one!!! Such a great color :)

    Lynlee

    www.prettyLLfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited about this gorgeous hue! I already have a few key items in this color and cannot wait to continue to rock 'em thru 2013.

    Yamari (@yourgotogal)
    www.yourgotogal.co

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely love the combination with the spiked shoes and leather skirt <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sooo glad I found your blog!!So inspiring,well done babe!;-)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. How awesome! You know Lyric and I were at Urban Outfitters yesterday. She brought a black/white top. I told her it would go great with same Emerald Green color. Yes Jewel tones are all the rage. Also love the Sam Edelman pump!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's going to be a very emerald year, I can't wait! I have the same Juicy clutch- so fab!
    xoKatie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am actually very happy about this color of the year pick! It really is such a universally flattering color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love green, any shade! Having fair skin, blond hair, and green eyes it is one of my go-to colours!! I recently swatched Illamasqua Bright Jade and OMG it is a must have!!! Check it out on Sephora.com!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had been simply just searching for this info for some time.
    Following 6 hours involving continual Googleing, finally I bought them in your
    site. I ponder what’s the particular Google’s issue in which doesn’t list this particular educational sites better the top.
    Some of the major sites are filled with crap. Especially
    lately, after the completely new panda algorithm criteria up-date.
    Feel free to visit my webpage Genital Warts Remedies

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dang, I merely joined a long as well as thorough brief
    review, in case Incredibly more for you to submit the idea our Traveler crashed.

    Was it somehow ended up saving or even do I need to remodel the idea?
    Feel free to surf my blog post : Treatmentforgenitalwarts.Info

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm definitely loving the downtown sex appeal look! Paired with black and tan, this color ignites for sure!
    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you are totally ready to embrace the color of the year, and i think it was a great choice.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  21. great color!
    If you want, let's follow each other on Bloglovin. Let me know when you followed me and I will follow right back ;)
    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  22. My name is ELLA, I am here to give my testimony about a doctor who helped me in my life. I was infected with GENITAL WARTS 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure her HVP and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the GENITAL WARTS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help ON GENITAL WARTS OR HVP, you can also email him at: dr.babaokadigbo@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete