About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

12.30.2012

What is your "go-to" look?

On days when I'm in a hurry, I rely on the "go-to" outfit...you know, that look already in your head that looks chic but requires minimal effort and/or planning. Often, this last-minute effort ends in me head-to-toe in workout gear: partly because I "might" get to the gym that day, partly because it's so damn comfortable. However, lately I've had a certain look in rotation that only changes in color scheme and accessorizing. What is your "go-to" look?
 
 
 

 
 
This is the formula...
Oversized Button-Up + Flowy, Full Scarf +
Leggings + Flats or Boots
 
It's pretty basic, but it works. I wear this everywhere; dropping Cameron off at preschool, errand running, playing outside with the kids, grabbing lunch with friends. Plus, there are endless combinations! The scarf is generally the only accessory (unless you want to count my sweet diaper bag). It's also usually topped off with my no-time-to-blow-dry messy, textured bun. Here's a bonus "go-to" look that I posted on Twitter recently!
 
 
 
 
PS- I've been suffering from what I call the "Holiday Hangover"...no voice left, sore throat, tiredness and impatience lol. That happens when you have three Christmases over the course of a week. So thankful for all the time we spent with family, though, as well as all the fun that was had! Glad that type of hangover only comes once a year, though. Hope you had a blessed time as well! Christmas this year really made me realize how fortunate my husband and I are. Things could be much worse, and I felt deeply for those families in Newton, Connecticut that had to experience such loss around what is supposed to be a happy time.



13 comments:

  1. love the button down and scarf, that's my go-to also! and your top knot bun looks great!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that scarf is amazing! Loving this look

    Meg from thepolishedmonkey.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Dear, are you truly visiting this web site
    on a regular basis, if so afterward you will without doubt get fastidious know-how.
    Here is my web page - view

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany! Thanks for stopping over at my blog! I just spent an hr reading yours {every post actually} and laughing out loud at your Old Navy Haul Video! "HELLO!" haha So, you need to take me shopping with you! Or help me be stylish like you. I have a ton of clothes just never know how to put them together. AND I'm so excited someone that I actually know likes to blog! I love it! I can't wait to read more of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leggings are definitely in my go to look as well! With a long enough top of course!
    xx,
    The Introverted Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! My go to is flowy shirt, skinny or favorite jeans, and wedges or flats. Easy peezy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leggings are also part of my go to outfit! Usually I top them off with some sort of layering tank and then a top on that. I go with flats/boots and either sunglasses or a big necklace- sometimes both. Isn't it funny how we develop these sorts of outfits?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leggings and scarves are always the perfect go to items!! Love that coral stripped scarf... where's it from?

    Rebecca
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfits! Love the first, it's completely adorable and can definitely see why it's a go-to!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your outfits look great. Which reminds me I've been wanting to try out scarves, but havne't because I always think I look silly in them... so where does one start? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you wear your boots without socks?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm totally overdoing the scarf look! So much so that people are actually commenting on them. My typical go-to outfit is actually almost identical with your button down/scarf/boots outfit. I discovered the comfort of leggings and haven't been able to wear anything but :)

    BTW, I'm absolutely in love with your pink and red scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My go-to look is almost the exact same as your second one! I'm in love with my chambray shirt and black leggings. How can you go wrong with leggings?! Just like @ForHerByHer!

    BTW, I absolutely love your blog! I've been following it for awhile now and finally got the courage to start my own.. I haven't posted much but please stay tuned and give me your input?! Thank you so so so much!

    ReplyDelete