About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

1.23.2013

Before going to bed last night, I checked my e-mail (the usual night cap), and saw Rachelle from Pink Sole had nominated me for the Liebster Award. I was so flattered and surprised that I wanted to give her a major shout-out on Suburb Chic! :) Thanks gal. Make sure you click over to her style blog too...it's awesome and her style is on point!
 


The Liebster Award is an award given to up-and-coming bloggers a certain amount of followers or less. When you are nominated for the Leibster Awards there are a few simple rules you must follow. Here they are, for my fellow rule followers/lovers (yeah right hehe)...
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions the nominator asked.
3. Nominee should come up with 11 new nominees and 11 questions for your picks to answer.
4. Nominees should have less than 200 followers and should link back to you on their Liebster blog post.
 
How fun! I love answering quizzes, surveys, basically anything random and involing introspection. So here I go!
 
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

My 11 Random Factoids of Fun
*As girly as I seem, I have a deep-rooted tomboy inside of me! Anything physical or competitive, I'm down. Plus, I rarely wear makeup on a day-to-day basis.

*Not that random, because if you follow me on Twitter you know what an addiction this is but...I live for almost every Real Housewives franchise. Sad, I know, but in a guilty pleasure kind of way.

*I play piano and am classically trained (although I love playing Adele, Alicia Keys, even jazz and solo pieces).

*I've been married for FIVE years! Crazy to think if you never knew me and only saw me out, as I look like a 16-year-old without adult clothes or makeup on. You can see our little family in the "About Me" section on this site!
 
*I love musicals and choir music...I'm a reformed choir geek! Haha.
 

*I have a case of wanderlust that can only be cured through thorough travelling of this world! Outside of the United States I've been to France, England, and Bermuda; however, there are hundreds of more places I'm dying to visit.

*One of my favorite restaurants is, get this, OLIVE GARDEN. Haha, so good!

*My middle name is "Marie".

*I want to live close(r) to an ocean, a beach...anywhere with salt water, sand, and sun!

*I have two tattoes that are really one, just a pair. They are two sparrows, one right above each hipbone. I love them & definitely do not regret.

*I am completely OCD when it comes to how things are organized. Yes, I'm that girl that rearranges things at restaurants or even the gym if they don't look "perfect" or "just right".
 
- - - - - - - - - - -

Phew, I did it! Thinking of just 11 things about yourself is actually difficult...try it. Okay, now here are Rachelle from Pink Sole's questions to me with my accompanying answers...
 
1. Favorite dish? Hmm, I love food way too much to pick just one haha. My favorite HEALTHY dish is any kind of grilled chicken or salmon salad with lots of fresh veggies and no dressing (so weird, I know). My favorite INDULGENT dish is a big bowl of pasta...any type, any sauce, lotsa meat!
 
2. What’s your least favorite trend? Right now, I really do not like those thick, flat-sole sandals (i.e. Chloe Spring/Summer 2013 CHECK THIS OUT). They look so homey and clunky. Dislike!
 
3. What are the go-to pieces in your closet? Although my "current loves" rotate like a dang revolving door, I really rely on slouchy, off-the-shoulder 3/4-length lightweight shirts to get me through my everday Mommyness. They are usually one solid color with a flattering necklace and easy shape, perfect for pairing with leggings and a fun scarf.
 
4. Do you prefer heels or flats? Each serve a purpose. I prefer the look of heels but do not wear them through the week to like Wal-Mart or to the park...that would be ridiculous.
 
5. Why do you blog? I started blogging to build a brand and use my creativity in a productive way while being a housewife, as our children are not full-time school age. Now, I stick with blogging because it has opened up amazing opportunities (even in just this short time). I've met awesome people, learned so many things about the industries I plan on moving into after school, and the extra top-secret perks! lol.
6. What’s your favorite brand? I do not stick to one specific brand; however, I do have favorite places to shop for certain items. For instance, I know Express will always have size 2R jeans that fit me exactly like they always have and will look good without even trying them on.
 
7. First place you would shop if you won the lotto? Haha, probably the car dealership! Hmm...for clothes, I would probably go somewhere expensive and get every little thing I could ever want. Or just buy out Forever21! :)
 
8. Favorite movie? Not a huge movie person (blame it on the ADD again). I don't have "favorites", because I usually only watch a movie once or twice.
 
9. Are you a picky eater? Nope! Although I eat healthily to prevent muffin top probz, I will try almost any food as long as the texture isn't weird and it doesn't smell horribly.
 
10. When was the last time you shopped? Eek, today. But only for me new undies and tights for our daughter!!
 
11. Are you surprised that I nominated you? Yes, but also very flattered! So nice of Rachelle to think of me and my little blog on this occasion.
 
- - - - - - - - - - -

Here are my 11 nominees...
Congratulations & Much Love from Me to You!
 
 
Alexis of North on Harper
Skylette of Sequins & Stilettos
Ashley of Pursuit of Shoes


6 comments:

  1. Awww...you're so sweet! I just did a Liebster post a few weeks back and have two more nominations to work on. I promise I'll get to it soon. = ) Haha, I will arrange stuff at other places too, so OCD lol and I want and NEED to be on a beach asap lol. My dream place to live - in California. = )
    www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay this is so awesome I've discovered so many new great blogs that way. Sending you tons of love and a big hug.

    xo
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for nominating me!! you are one of my fave bloggers as well! im going to email you soon so we can guest post for each other's blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a nomination, dear! You are very sweet! Great to learn more about you!

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  5. LB & Diana- No problem; I love both of your blogs!

    Lauren- Anytime, girl & yes please do!

    Pink Sole- <3 <3 shoutout!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much B!!!! I can't wait to write this post! You know my little sister's middle name is Marie too! Love it! Definitely going to check out the other noms too!

    <3,

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete