About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

1.16.2013

First Impressions...Drew Barrymore's "Flower" Beauty Line

 
Sometimes I can be super open-minded; then there are times I am a judgmental jerk. Celebrity-involved product lines usually make me go into thus said pessimistic, Judgy Judy mode. When I received the opportunity to try out some of Drew Barrymore's beauty line exclusively for Wal-Mart, with the moniker "Flower", I started pulling the Judgy Judy act. Then I quit...partly because of the whole "free makeup" thing, but also because of this: Barrymore has already been a creative director for Covergirl during her long-running stint as the brand's model/muse. Apparently she knows a little bit more than I assumed. Never assume, it makes an @$$ out of you and me and Miss Barrymore!

"Flower" was supposedly made to fill the gap of "affordable luxury" in superstores. That's what I'm talking about, sista! Since I turned an optimistic corner, I decided to be bright and cheery and fan-freaking-tastic for this First Impression post. Psst- I'm also even cheerier than usual on my accompanying YouTube video. CLICK HERE TO WATCH! :)
 
 
 
 
Of all the lip colors shown above, the only one that really stood out to me was the Kiss Stick Velvet Lip Color in "Get to the Poinsettia". The lip glosses were so-so and the other lipsticks had to be layered time after time to remain colorful on my lips. I do, though, like the look of the Kiss Stick High-Shine Lip Color in "Sweet Peony" layered with "Pretty-in-Petunia", a Shine On Lip Gloss.
 
What do you all think of the nail colors available? I love the four sent to me...three perfect pastels and one bright to mix-it-up! I can't wait to pour on the poppy starting mmm...now. The formula is similar to Essie's as is the packaging and even the brush, though these "Flower" nail colors are a little larger than the Essie brand. Two coats for a slightly-opaque finish! Not bad, though I'd recommend using a clear top coat every-other-day to reduce chipping on these colors.
 

 
 As of today (1/16/2013), many products were either not available yet online or already sold out. I really want to try the stick foundation, as I've been a big fan of Benefit's "Play Sticks" for the longest time (would like a cheaper alternative). Also longing for a few of the eyeshadow quads. Seriously, the best part of "Flower" is the color range! Each product looks like a hand-picked flower; so fresh, pretty, and pure. Wish there were a few more daring eyeshadow picks, but will settle for subtly..for now.
 
Have you snagged any "Flower" products yet? If so, what do you think so far? If not, will you try the line after reading this post? Let me know by commenting below, loves! xo
 
ps- all product and promo photos belong to Walmart.com


11 comments:

  1. I had NO idea she had a beauty line - where have I been?!

    I feel ya on the celeb promoted beauty lines, however the colors look great. Thanks for sharing and stopping by Pursuit!

    -Ashley
    www.pursuitofshoes.com

    Ps: LOVE your blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors look great! I agree though, I tend to be a little Judgy as well when it comes to new celebrity makeup brands, but your post makes me optimistic! I can't wait to try the nail colors! Perfect for spring (ugh, whenever it gets here!)

    <3, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this nail polishes.*_*
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love everything, the colours are gorgeous! Wanna try them!

    http://bamostwanted.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read so much about Drew Barrymore's Flower line for Walmart and am excited to actually see and hear about some of the products. I will definitely go check them out and probably purchase some of the polishes and lip sticks. The colours look romantic and very pigmented. I wonder if they are only available in the US or my local WalMart will have some.

    Rebecca
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love her so much, she is so talented. i wish I had th epportunity of trying out her products! Could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool I didn't know she was coming out with a makeup line. I wish there was a walmart closer to me maybe I will order some of it online. I'm really liking the nail colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried the products yet, but I can't wait to check them out!
    Have a fabulous weekend!

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny! I had JUST read online about her makeup line and posted on Twitter how geeked I am to try her makeup out! I absolutely adore Drew Barrymore and her line looks AMAZING!

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Drew!!! Looking forward to trying out her new line!!!

    ReplyDelete