About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

1.19.2013

Healthy Snacks I'm Loving Lately...

Finding a healthy snack on a daily basis is difficult for me. Is it hard to find- or come up with- healthy choices for you too? Somehow God has granted me a goldmine of products on the market right now, though...I swear it's crazy! I'll go months with eating the same boring snacks over and over due to the lack of healthalicious (healthy + delicious) choices in our area; however, lately, I've found a variety of snacks that are worth salivating over! :) Here are the ones I'm currently loving and shoveling into my snapper.


1. This leathal yum-o combo has been a staple snack of mine for a few years now. Simply toast Ezekiel 4:9 Low Sodium Sprouted Bread (basically complete protein bread that easily digests yet fills you up) and spread almond butter on top. So good! And you know the ol' saying...once you go almond, you won't go back. That's how it goes, right?

2. Remember this Liberte Non-Fat Greek Yogurt in Lemon I gushed about in my "Monthly Musties" video? So good and so much protein in such a modest cup. I like adding Chia Seeds to my yogurt for a one-two punch of health and prosperity! Chia Seeds are also tolerable (and kind of addictive) on their own, one to two Tablespoons per day.

3. I randomly found these Earnest Oats from Honest Foods cans at Home Goods, and they have turned out to be awesome...like oatmeal on super food steroids!! The one shown above is the "Mayan Blend" with cocoa, pumpkin seeds, cashews, sunflower seeds, whole grain oats, Amarynth, and Quinoa. One can is about $7, which I think is a great price for awesome quality, "Holy Healthy" food in that quanity as well.

4. Found these Snappy Soya Beans from Tasty Bite at Rite Aid, of all places. Can you believe that?! I can't believe how delicious these turned out...they're nutritious, full of protein, and you can eat them on their own! One entire pack is about 360 calories; however, they are so filling you might only eat 1/2 of that. The soy beans are seasoned with cardamom, garlic, cumin, and tomato. Their shoppable website has so many little packets I want to try!

5. I've been waiting for these Pom Poms Fresh Arils to come to any of our mediocre grocery stores for months now. They have arrived, wohoo! Arrils are the sweet, edible seeds of a pomegranate. They have a weird after bite, like chewing on a seed (no shit, right); however, the packaging is so cute- it comes with a spoon!- and an entire thing is only 100 calories.

6. Kashi Bars! My gym bag, diaper bag, stash in the car for desperate times go-to's. My favorite two "flavors" are Pumpkin Flax and Dark Chocolate Cherry. Often, I have one of these for breakfast with my skim latte so I can last until lunch. They also have a "Blackberry Graham" bar that is good and in my rotation, lol.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 

What are your favorite healthy snacks? Comment below or share with me on Twitter (@suburbchicblog) & Facebook (search "suburbchicblog" & like)!! xo

18 comments:

  1. great tips, I'm always looking for healthy snacks. I'm getting sick of my protein shakes


    xo
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AnonymousMay 12, 2016

      Good sharing, for healthy purpose, Chia seeds offer the highest volume of Omega-3, as well as addition fiber (soluble and insoluble) along with vitamins or perhaps minerals you don’t usually get whenever you take sea food oil. Chia seeds giving you long lasting energy during the day moving in deep, restful sleep during the night time. May read this article about Chia seeds at:
      http://kidbuxblog.com/chia-seeds-is-the-most-extremely-versatile-superfood-and-vegetarian-supply-of-omega-3/

      Delete
  2. Great post, I'm allergic to lots of foods so I eat an insane amount of almond butter - I love adding cinnamon & raisins, mmmm! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. greek yogurts and almond butter are two things i always keep at work in case im hungry!

    -Lauren
    www.prettypiecesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great roundup of healthy snacks. I'm always looking for something small but packed with nutrients to eat throughout the day. I have low blood sugar so I have to eat between four and six small meals and snacks a day. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete


  5. Hey! I just noticed another message in another blog that seemed like this. How have you learnt all this stuff?
    That’s one cool post.
    Heirloom seeds

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 11, 2013

    I know one parent who insists that she also has no contact wither friends so she
    takes her cell phone away because that is really having her cake and eating it.
    You can also change the pencils to a 2 H or a 6 B to see how different your results will be.

    Trying different styles of drawing can help to break you out of your current habits and allow you to see your drawings
    in a whole new light.

    My web site ... how to draw cartoons

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 07, 2013

    Quality articles is the crucial to attract the visitors to pay a visit the web site,
    that's what this site is providing.

    Feel free to surf to my web page: http://eating-for-energy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJune 07, 2013

    When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added"
    checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Thank you!

    my page ... eating-for-energy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJune 07, 2013

    Learn about where to find templates, how to use shortcuts for
    tasks like adding an accent mark, how to insert and modify graphics, and more.
    He discovered that putting the plastic at the right distance
    from the lens for tighter shots from Shawn's point-of-view rendered slightly distorted images with a hint of grain, which amplified the look that he and director Manika desired. This i - Phone app gives you a feature-rich photo editing tool that allows you to rotate, crop, straighten or correct color distribution of your i - Phone photos.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog; howtodrawanimehq.info

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJune 07, 2013

    Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post! It is the little changes which will make the most important changes.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    Here is my page ... http://eating-for-energy.com/hcg-diet-plan-the-truth-about-it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJune 07, 2013

    Buy small containers and fill them with any needed shampoo, lotion, or
    solution. Passport America is a renownedcamping club that operates all over America, Mexico and Canada and provides themembers with limitless camping benefits.
    Adhere to all this advice and your passport photo should be a highly
    recognisable portrait of you.

    Here is my webpage how to get a diplomatic passport *howtogetapassporthq.org*

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJune 09, 2013

    With havin so much content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?
    My site has a lot of exclusive content I've either written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization. Do you know any methods to help stop content from being stolen? I'd genuinely appreciate it.


    Also visit my web blog asthma children symptoms (http://asthmasymptomshq.org/)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AnonymousJune 09, 2013

    Many school cafeterias cater to health conscious individuals by offering fruits and vegetables in their daily
    line-up. More Workouts: One needs to tone up the extra weight one gains so that one doesn't end up obese. s true that the Internet is filled with a lot of information and tips about getting the kind of body you want however most of us find it very challenging just to be able to stick to a weight gain training program that will eliminate the question of how to gain weight for women once and for all.

    Also visit my web blog :: how to gain weight naturally for women (howtogainweighthq.org)

    ReplyDelete
  14. AnonymousJune 09, 2013

    Many school cafeterias cater to health conscious individuals by offering fruits
    and vegetables in their daily line-up. The more weight you use
    the more muscle fibers you will work in your muscle the more
    muscle you will gain. s true that the Internet is filled with a lot of information and tips about getting the kind of body you want however most of us find
    it very challenging just to be able to stick to
    a weight gain training program that will eliminate the question of how to gain weight
    for women once and for all.

    Here is my blog; how to gain weight for girls naturally

    ReplyDelete
  15. AnonymousJune 09, 2013

    They also know where to find the treasure boxes along the way.
    This all sound wonderful, however, what we forget is that these people have been working at it for years.
    I also didn't dig deep enough into it to find out everything about it.

    Also visit my page; how to make money online with surveys

    ReplyDelete
  16. AnonymousJune 09, 2013

    Apart from those, putting into practice the tips below will help a gardener turn
    his or her garden into a breathtaking one. It is
    intended to be a business phone, and accomplishes this task
    with ease. Backed by the vast industry experience, these
    architect service providers have come up with qualitative range of services that include architectural designing,
    landscaping & renovation services and interior design solution.


    Also visit my homepage - autocad for landscape design

    ReplyDelete
  17. AnonymousJune 11, 2013

    Hi, i read your blog from time to time and i own a
    similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks?
    If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can advise?
    I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any support is very much appreciated.

    Check out my blog - best allergy medicines

    ReplyDelete