About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

1.24.2013

The Floral Print Blazer (plus statement-making pastels)...

I have decided to focus Suburb Chic solely on fashion, which I feel is what most of my readers love about this site anyway! For my first personal style post really of 2013, I wanted to bring Spring to your screens. I'm sure you all are as sick of Winter as I am...unless you are one of those crazy people that like freezing your butt off, ice on the roads, and snowflakes attacking your face when you leave your house.
 
 


This look features what I call "statement-making pastels". These aren't your Momma's ancient Easter basket pastels (if those even exist)...these are kapow! pastels. Put your pretty pastels in blazer form with a fabulous floral print and slim black lapel, and you've got one heck of a top. I kept the bottom-half simple with skinny, cropped ankle jeans and classic patent, pointed-toe pumps.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This outfit really showcases my design aesthetic, for several reasons.
First off, I pair trendy pieces with classic counterparts to keep the look from going over-the-top. And secondly, I advise to limit your "statement" pieces to two (maybe three if you're gifted in eclectic dressing). For this look, my "statements" are the Lauren Conrad floral blazer and the chunky Ice Cream Bracelet set from Pree Brulee. The rest of the look is pretty streamlined, classic.
 
 
I hope your case of Seasonal Depression isn't quite as bad as mine! I also hope you have a nice, relaxing Thursday. It's almost the weekend people...you can do it. I believe in you! :) xo, Brittany
 
 
SHOP THIS LOOK
Floral Blazer // LC Lauren Conrad (now 1/2 off!)
V-Neck Tee // Victoria's Secret PINK
Skinny Jeans // EXPRESS
Patent Pumps // BCBGeneration (similar style here)
Earrings // Francesca's Collection (these would be cute, too!)
Bracelet Set // Pree Brulee



18 comments:

  1. Love this outfit, you look amazing.

    xo
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look GORGEOUS! holy hair, i wish mine looked like that! Totally forgot how bad I wanted this LC blazer until your post! Work it gf!
    xoKatie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that blazer. It's definitely a great way to infuse some spring into your look!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an LC blazer and it is my fave!! Love the floral and those jeans fit great!!
    www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.con

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look cute in your LC Floral Blazer!! I have the same one and did a post on it check it out here http://www.asassywoman.com/2013/01/15/fall-floral-tuxedo-blazer/. Found your blog via The Daleigh and now I am a new follower :)

    With Love,
    Ashley
    AsassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great blazer, the print is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blazer & those jeans fit you perfectly!! Seasonal depression is a battle
    for sure:) Ready for the weekend!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving this fresh spring look! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your floral blazer! :)

    Mycrushcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES! Love the floral! I am so ready for spring! I'm over this winter! Except for the fact that I just bought these new, handmade, super warm mittens that I'm pretty excited about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am obsessed with that blazer!! Ugh how I wish we had Kohls in Canada... I know where Im going on an upcoming trip to Florida with the fam!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That blazer is sooo beautiful!!! Love the print ^^
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That blazer is so pretty, I've been on the hunt for something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the black lapels against the florals. the bracelets are cute, too!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    mobilemorsels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just saw this blazer on a fashion haul on YouTube - You've styled it so well! Very chic and fun!

    Sequins&Stilettos

    ReplyDelete