About Me       Advertise       Contact Me       Disclosure       FAQs       Link Love

4.25.2013

How to Wear Polka Dot Pants

Polka dots have been spotted on all types of bottoms lately, from casual cut-off denim to work-appropriate skinny slacks. The print's popularity is due to its playful sophistication as well as its ability to be paired with absolutely anything. From the tiniest pin dots to substantial circles, there is plenty of inspiration to find within this post. PS- I apologize for my personal picture quality...I recently purchased a new camera (as my old Canon had problems with both its flash and shutter), but I misplaced it after doing some test photos! I hope this is the last post I have to do with my craptastic camera.
 
Suburb Chic Does The Dot...
 
This is a very casual, classic, simple way to rock the dot. It's the perfect way to try this trend if you are a beginner or a little shy of print. To dress it up, pair with flirty nude wedges and a soft smoky eye (shown below).  
 
 
 
 
 
This version is not for the faint of heart or print or color, ha. It's very eclectic, from the girly top to the chic AG jeans to those boho sandals. This look works, because the pin dots play off of the muted flowers in desaturated shades. Pair with a nude clutch and a pastel mani/pedi (shown below).
 
 
 
Everyone Is Going Dotty...


 
I am inspired by these three beauties above! The ways they rock their polka dot pants are all different but all stylish...
 
Model Chloe Delevigne pairs hers with a similar blazer and classic white shirt (ohh, plus that red lip). I found this on Pinterest!
 
Blogger Aimee from Song of Style gives her polka dots edge with a buttery, form-fitting motorcycle jacket, that effortlessly tucked in tee, and heels. 
 
Blogger Ashleigh from The Daileigh uses a pair of Marc Jacobs polka dot jeans as a background to her bold use of yellow. I am lusting after those jeans (especially since they are utterly affordable, offered here)!

10 comments:

  1. you look awesome girl, I love your first look the most.

    xo
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those dot shorts and i want the naked eye shadow palette so bad!

    -lauren
    www.prettypiecesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love polka dots and your shorts are amazing.

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Barbie Girl'.

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveee that first outfit & I'm such a fan of the NAKED palletes. Have a great weekend :)

    XO, Adropofbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the mixed pattern look! It is so popular and looks amazing when done right, which you aced!!

    Rebecca
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love polka dots!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 30, 2013

    What's up, I log on to your blog daily. Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!


    Here is my web blog - アバクロ店舗

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely seeing a trend amongst those pictures. A white top... great pulls =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving polka dots!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love these, and seeing them on kate middleton as well today!

    ReplyDelete